Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Blessings Abound

My sweet friend invited me to go on a retreat with the ladies from her church.  It truly was the best retreat I've ever attended.  Listed below are the wonderful blessings that made this retreat so great.
1) The Lord was so, how do I say this, available.  I know He's available to us at all times, but I felt like I was able to "get close" this weekend.
2) The meals were simple, but really tasty.  I haven't eaten a hot dog in about 3 months, since I've been "watching it", and a hot dog has never tasted so good!
3) lovely weather
4) Aside from the one session with a speaker who encouraged and challenged us, and the 3 meals, there was very little structured time.  We could take walks, canoe, ride bikes, nap, play games with friends, or whatever we wanted to do!
5) I met a lot of great new ladies, and reconnected with friends I already knew.
It was such a special time and the memories will be with me for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment