Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Where Do I Begin? How To Sum Up 2010

The past month has been somewhat of a whirlwind, and I'm not sure I can do it justice in a blog, but here goes.
Earlier in December, we had a grease fire in our kitchen, which  resulted in a lot of smoke and extinguisher chemical damage in our house.  therefore, we are currently staying at the Best Western down the road.  We've done our best to keep life as normal as possible.  Friends have been great, and the kids have been real troopers.  A week later, we had some sort of water leak upstairs that resulted in a rain forest coming through to our downstairs living area.  Another insurance claim, another deductible, but all in all, it's going to be OK.  We've got our hotel room decorated, celebrated Katherine's 7th birthday with a tea party at an adorable Tea Room called Time Well Spent, instead of the tea party I had planed for our house.  Randy's mom, dad, brother and his family came down to celebrate with us, and we had a great time.  
We don't have a date yet for our move back home, but I do hope it's soon.  I miss our house, and all that it represents.  Although I miss the house, wherever my family is, well, that's home.
More later!
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment